Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Golden Girl Passes On...

Little Sophia, from the hit sitcom GOLDEN GIRLS, has passed away. She was 84. Sadness. I grew up watching these ladies. No clue why a kid would want to watch a show about old ladies but I did and I loved it. They were a good time.

Getty's longtime manager, Alan Siegel, told PEOPLE on Tuesday: "As of 5:35 this morning, surrounded by her family in her Hollywood Hills home, Estelle Getty passed away peacefully in her sleep of natural causes. Her family and close friends thank everyone for being so loving and supportive of Estelle in her last few years."

I'm shocked she was 84, I thought she was 84 on the show and that was about 20 years ago. The woman could act. And she was freakin hilarious.

"She was loved throughout the world in six continents, and if they loved sitcoms in Antarctica she would have been loved on seven continents," Carl Gettleman (her son) told the Associated Press Tuesday. "She was one of the most talented comedic actresses who ever lived."

R.I.P Estelle

1 comment:

Jadd said...

You know what's funny (and probably mean)?

Every now and then I'd randomly check out all of the bios on the Golden Girls to see if any of them died. They seemed ANCIENT when we were kids.