Friday, November 7, 2008

Sherri Shepherd opens up about almost losing son


For those of you who don't know, The View's Sherri Shepherd lends her voice as the mother in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa. Sherri originally thought the role was a comedic one and went into the audition joking around, but when the director told her about the role, it left her in tears.

The director said, 'no. Your son was taken from you very violently and he was returned and can be taken again.' I have a 3-year-old and I was doing The View. At the time I was flying back every weekend to see my baby and I just started crying. Snot was running down my nose and the director says, 'that's where you are.' It's a different timber in your voice when you have a baby. My baby was born at 5 months and he weighed a pound. I was thinking about all of that every time that I went into the booth. I almost lost my son and I don't want him to go again.

Born at 5 months and weighed a pound? That's a miracle baby right there.

No comments: