Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The former Dr. Burke bashes Grey's


Isaiah Washington, who played Dr. Burke on Grey's Anatomy for 3 seasons before getting fired for stupidly using a homophobic slur to co-star T.R. Knight (who plays George O'Malley and is openly gay), has put producers of the show on blast for firing Brooke Smith.

I looked at a brilliant actress, whom I have adored since I first saw her in Silence of the Lambs. For her to be treated this way, I find very interesting. The fact is that, just before the holidays, you have a mother, a wonderful actress removed from a steady income without the proper reasoning behind it ... You look at the way another consummate professional [is] being treated because her character, her story line [has] potentially made producers uncomfortable. Now that I see what they're doing to a show that I love and I care about, I think it's disgusting.

His harsh feelings aside, he said that he'd return to the show as Dr. Burke in an instant. Hmm...I think if you're trying to capitalize on Brooke's firing and looking at there being a possible opening, pooping on the producers isn't a good way to get back in.

No comments: