Thursday, May 21, 2009

Natalie Cole gets kidney transplant


Natalie Cole underwent transplant surgery on Tuesday for a brand new kidney, and is said to be "resting comfortably" after the successful procedure. Natalie suffers from Hepatitis C and was receiving dialysis treatments a few times a week since around September while she was on tour before the transplant. She's been advised by her doctors to postpone her summer tour dates and just rest up for the next few months. She's remaining pretty optimistic though, which is definitely a plus.

Things happen for a reason, I've always been kind of a survivor type of girl. I'm strong, I have a lot of faith. I'm looking forward to having a good year. In spite of the health issues, I think I'm going to be fine.

It's good to see her so positive about everything. Hopefully she'll stay that way throughout the healing process. Get well soon, Nat Queen Cole!!

No comments: