Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Adam Lambert not interested in joining Queen?


I threw up a post yesterday about Queen being interested in working with Adam Lambert because they dig his vocals, but not tapping him to be the new lead singer for the band just yet. Turns out, Adam isn't even 100% gung ho about being their new frontman anyway.

That's a tough question because, honestly, how do you say no to being in Queen? I mean, that's unbelievable. But at the same time, I do have my own thing to do right now, and that's my goal. So if I could, I would try to do both. That's the honest question. I would try to do both. I would love to perform with them anytime they wanted me to but I also have my record to do. So, we'll see.

It's gotta be a tough spot for Adam. Singing for a pretty legendary band like Queen would totally reek of awesomeness, but you can tell Adam definitely wants to make it on his own, too. I almost think singing with Queen first would be a good path, though, then hit up a solo career. Look at Justin Timberlake and Fergie -- they got big in their respective groups, and then killed it with their solo albums. Getting some exposure as the frontman of Queen topped onto the exposure he already has from Idol might not be a bad way to start out.

No comments: