Friday, May 22, 2009

Larry King opens up about his father's death


I feel like a lot of times, we forget that celebrities are humans just like you and me, and live everyday lives (kinda) like you and me. In his new autobiography, My Remarkable Journey, Larry King opens up about the day he learned his father died.

I don't remember exactly when I started to hear my mother's screams. But as I hurried up the steps, a cop quickly came down, straight for me. He picked me up and the books went flying. I didn't cry. I remember that. I didn't cry. I was more befuddled than anything else. It must have been difficult for the cop. He started the car and drove to a movie theater where they watched 'Bataan' while the adults back at home sorted the details of his dad's death.

Poor guy was only 9 when all this went down. Can you imagine being 9 and losing a parent you were insanely close to like Larry was with his father? Glad to see it all worked out for him, because Larry seems like a genuinely nice guy.

No comments: