Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kris Allen wins American Idol


Kris Allen shocked the world last night!! Well, kinda. Kris took the title of American Idol for Season 8 after a pretty fun night. I'll get back to Kris' win in a second, but first...I'm not gonna lie, when shows usually take 2 hours to do something that takes 10 seconds (like announcing a winner), I usually get really annoyed. But the American Idol finale last night actually kept me pretty entertained. Between the Top 13 coming back to perform, not to mention crossovers like Lionel Richie and Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert and KISS, Kara DioGuardi and bikini girl, a SICK performance by the Black Eyed Peas, and a performance by Rod Stewart that made me sick -- it was a great night and kudos to everyone involved. Back to Kris -- is it me, or did he really NOT shock the world? I feel like everyone had a feeling that Kris would edge Adam out. And I know that I predicted Adam yesterday, but I really had a feeling Kris would sneak away with it. So congrats goes out to Kris, and I'm sure we'll hear from Adam and a few others from the Top 13.

By the way, 3 best parts of the night: 1) Black Eyed Peas performance -- sh*t was ELECTRIC. 2) Ryan Seacrest to Bikini Girl -- "I was gonna ask you what's new, but I already know." (Talking about her boob job) 3) Kara DioGuardi singing over Bikini Girl and kicking her ass, then ripping her dress open when she was done singing and showing of a KILLER body. Then being hilariously humble and saying that Bikini Girl had a better body? No way, Kara. Show that shizz off!! P.S. Thanks to rickey.org for the pic above -- nice O face, Kris.

No comments: