Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Marie Osmond in People Magazine


Marie Osmond was interviewed in People magazine recently, and spoke out about her messy divorce, her weight, and her 16-year-old son entering rehab.

Her Divorce from husband Brian Blosil: "I had a bad marriage for 20 years and a fear of saying that it was a failure. You have to say to yourself, 'What am I doing? Am I really taking something and trying to make it average? Does this person keep me down?' You can't say I didn't give it a shot."

When her 16-year-old son entered rehab: "Those kinds of things are really very hard for a teenager to deal with. And if he ever wants to talk about it ... he will, but it has to be their choice. It's not my choice."

Weight Issues: "Our society makes women feel that they should have a body of a skinny little boy. We put on five pounds, and we think we're fat … It's stupid."

Losing 46 pounds in 2007: "I needed to do it for my kids, but mostly I needed to do it out of self-love. [I] looked at dieting as abusive and controlling but my whole attitude changed to, 'I just want to be healthy.'"

No comments: