Thursday, April 30, 2009

Jonathan Rhys Meyers says he never went to rehab


Jonathan Rhys Meyers has always had the reputation of being a huge party guy, always hitting up parties and getting wasted and making an ass of himself. Talk of him checking into rehab started coming about after he hadn't show up to after blowing off a couple of awards shows. But Jonathan is setting the record straight.

I just felt I needed time off and I didn't need to go to awards ceremonies. You can get slightly waylaid as an actor doing that sort of thing and I'm never that comfortable at them anyway. I live an incredibly low-key life. I think people would like to think I'm a hell of a lot naughtier than I am actually. I am actually quite a boring guy. I spent the last week and a half playing bloody golf. Me, Jonathan Rhys Meyers! If anyone saw me in those stupid golf clothes on the golf course, there would have been a different story written.

Yeah, the story written would be that you look like a total douchebag, then people like me would proceed to make fun of you. You know who has a good dress code while they're on the links? Happy Gilmore.

1 comment:

Amy Grindhouse said...

I hope he gets better, but I smell another rehab stint as soon as things get rough :(