Friday, April 24, 2009

Hugh Dillon talks "Flashpoint"


Hugh Dillon may have used to strum the ole electric 6 string for the band The Headstones, but now he stars as Ed Lane, the alpha male on the Emergency Task Force of the hit show Flashpoint. Hugh talked about exactly why he likes working on the show, and how much he loves the writers.

These writers go so deep. They don't just sit around and go, 'Okay, let's make some sh*t up and hope it f*cking sticks.' They actually have such real empathy for cops because they know them personally. They want to get these stories right and want to tell it with authenticity. Not only does Flashpoint have an action component, but it has this emotional core that resonates with me. There is something very human about it that people can relate to.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to see the show yet, but I've heard it's awesome. May be one of those shows I check out online at work, since I'm such a rebel!

No comments: