Monday, April 27, 2009

Gina Carano close to signing with Strikeforce


I've made it no secret that Gina "Conviction" Carano is #1 in my Top 5 list of hottest celebs, so you shouldn't be surprised I'm writing a story about her. Gina (you also know her as Crush on American Gladiators) fought for EliteXC before that company went under, and since then she's been in contract negotiations with Strikeforce, the company that actually bought her EliteXC contract. She hasn't signed on the dotted line yet, though, and wouldn't really tell why.

You know, I will probably be able to talk about it after the fact, but maybe that's just me finding an excuse not to talk about it (laughs). I feel like while things are going on, it's probably smart just to put your head down and work instead of talk about things, so I'll talk about it later.

If the contract does get signed, though (which it probably will), expect her first fight to be in August against Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. She also said she's not back together with her ex-fiance, which made me a happy panda.

No comments: