Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Samantha Morton was charged with attempted murder 17 years ago


Actress Samantha Morton may seem all sweet and wholesome now, but if you crossed her path 17 years ago and pissed her off, she'd stab you. Well, almost. Back when Sam was 14, she was arrested and charged with attempted murder for pulling a knife on a girl during a riot who had bullied her for a long time. Sam said she felt like she had reason to, but in the end she only hurt herself.

I was physically abused and I retaliated. The only person I hurt in the end was myself. I was locked in a cell for three days. It was terrible. I just sat there thinking, I don't want this life – I'm not a petty criminal. I'm not a thug. I was so ashamed of myself.

The charges ended up being reduced to making threats to kill. I did that once at a Red Sox game -- told a kid I'd slit his throat because he talked smack about my mama!! (Seriously, I'm not a psychopath.)

No comments: