Monday, April 27, 2009

"Golden Girls" star Bea Arthur dies


Don't even ask what possessed me to post this picture instead of a normal one, especially for a story that involves death, but I just got a feeling it was the right thing to do. Former Golden Girls and Maude star, Bea Arthur, died on Saturday afternoon at her L.A. home surrounded by her family. She was 86. Bea made her name in Broadway for about half of her life, then at the age of 50, after appearing on All in the Family and proving to everyone how hilarious she was, landed a spin-off called Maude. That was a hit but eventually died down, but Bea got picked up for the hit series the Golden Girls. She left the show in 1992, and pretty much laid low since, doing work here and there but nothing huge.

R.I.P. Bea. Thanks for the laughs! And yes, if I had a girlfriend, I'd wish she was hot like Bea.

3 comments:

♥♥♥♥♥ Jennifer™® ♥♥♥♥♥ said...

your blog is very good

Nomad said...

Bea Arthur looked kinda like Catherine Zeta Jones when she was younger

Kiss108girl said...

RIP Bea Arthur. I use to watch The Golden Girls when I was younger.