Thursday, August 13, 2009

Jeremy Piven The Goods


Jeremy Piven's new flick The Goods hits theaters tomorrow, but he's also in the September issue of Parade magazine, where he talks about the similarity of his character Ari Gold in Entourage and Don Ready in The Goods, and also tackles that the backlash he's getting for mercury poisoning.

The other side of Ari: "For those that love me on 'Entourage,' they'll see some similarities in Don Ready in The Goods, who is kind of an abrasive, fast-talking car salesman. But the journey Don goes through, Ari Gold would never go through. He's just a different human being, a great huckster who figures out he isn't happy with his personal life. So in a way, it was completely cathartic to play a guy who desperately wants to evolve."

Connecting with the search: "I relate much more to the guy in The Goods, who's sort of maxed out, putting everything into his job, and wants to settle down and find something more in life. I need more time in my own life to find the right balance, to be honest with you, and I'm trying to do what I can. Balance is something I've been seeking, and I did take some time off, which I haven't done in years."

He may never eat sushi again: "I think everyone loves a good fish story, which is why it still hasn't gone away. All I know is that I was incredibly sick and I had three doctors that said, 'You have to get out of this show because you're in serious trouble from too high a level of mercury in your blood.' I was eating fish twice a day and I haven't touched any since. I took the advice of the doctors, and what came afterwards -- all the repercussions -- I couldn't control. You just have to make a decision. You can be really angry at me for having to leave a Broadway show early, or you can go to the movies and laugh at me in The Goods."

No comments: