Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Anna Paquin Nylon magazine


Anna Paquin rocks the cover of the September issue of Nylon magazine and talks about how she's not a Barbie doll, getting naked for her TV show True Blood, and more. Check out the highlights below, and also pics from her spread.

On her new, blonde hair: "I don't look like a Barbie doll, and probably never will. People are incredibly literal in how they view you. You have dark hair and pale skin? You must be brooding. The second you dye your hair blonde and get a spray tan, people treat you as if you're a bit stupider and happier. Suddenly, it's like you're hot and sexy."

On doing nude scenes in True Blood: "I don't think a naked body is particularly shocking or interesting... It's not the culture I was raised in. I was not brought up in the United States. I don't share the [attitude] that you can have graphic violence, but – God forbid – you see someone's nipples."

On television vs. movies: "It never occurred to me that one form of acting was better than another. I think if you approach your career like that you're limiting yourself to a very boring path. For me, it's about the material."







No comments: