Friday, August 28, 2009

Seinfeld reunion


Since his sitcom went off the air about 11 years ago, Jerry Seinfeld has refused to have a reunion with the rest of the cast, but it looks like that's about to change. Jerry is reuniting with Julia-Louis Dreyfus, Michael Richards, Jason Alexander, and creator Larry David on Larry's hit HBO show Curb Your Enthusiasm. The gang all sat down with Entertainment Weekly to talk about reuniting and how it's all going down.

Larry on the Plot: "Larry attempts to get [his estranged wife] Cheryl back, and the Seinfeld reunion figures prominently in that."

Jerry on Why He Agreed: "The idea of working with Larry was just too overwhelmingly appealing to me, and [Curb] is such a great show ... There was a little part of me that said, 'Do we really want to tamper?' ... But to hell with it. How much damage can you really do?"

Jason on Digging Up George: "Just before we shot that scene, I said to Jerry and Julia, 'I don't know if I can be George. I haven't tried him on in a while,' ... And it was freaky how it just came right back out."

Michael on Bringing Kramer Back: "I'd always kept Kramer's shoes ... Once I got those shoes on, and I'm standing behind the door of Jerry's apartment, I was ready."

Jerry Throws Down Another Reunion: "As far as I'm concerned, we did do it, and in a better way than I ever imagined ... This exceeded my expectations, so there's no chance I would revisit it now."

Julia Sums It All Up: "It's the anti-reunion reunion, and I'd like to copyright that."

No comments: