Monday, August 24, 2009

Scout Taylor talks Halloween 2


Halloween 2 is right around the corner from coming out, and the lead star of the flick, newcomer Scout Taylor, sat down with our friends at PopEater to talk about the flick and working with Rob Zombie.

In 'H2' you play Laurie Strode, which was originally played by Jamie Lee Curtis. Did you feel pressure having to jump into this role?
"When I was doing the first one, I was really nervous especially when it hit the media and everyone was comparing me to Jamie Lee Curtis. But when I got on set, Rob [Zombie] came up to me and said, 'You are portraying Laurie Strode and not Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode.' That eased me down a bit. When you are remaking a character, it is nerve wrecking... All I can say is have an open mind. This movie is more realistic and fresh. The original 'Halloween' films are amazing. I love them both, but there is no comparison."

How did you get into the mindset of being terrorized by Mike Myers?
"Honestly, it wasn't hard to do all the crying and screaming. I do it and when they cut, I'm laughing. Then as soon as they start rolling, I'm crying again. It's weird that I can just do that. A few times I struggled, but otherwise, it was pretty easy for me to get into and out of it."

Were there any really physical or emotional points during filming?
"I had a little episode when I did a scene with Danielle Harris. It was really emotional. I was crying and ran down the stairs to try to get out of the terror I was feeling. Tyler Mane (who plays Michael Myers) was standing in front of me, and I was crying to him, 'This is so hard. I can't do this. I can't get out of it.' I have never felt that before. It was really intense."

So what's it like working with Rob Zombie?
"He is amazing and is my favorite director that I've worked with. He's so easy going, and he definitely lets you play around with your character and trusts you. It's a really great relationship to have especially when you're doing a horror movie -- crying, screaming and just really out there."

No comments: