Friday, August 21, 2009

Sherri Shepherd weight loss


Sherri Shepherd rocks the cover of OK! magazine's September issue to talk about her incredible weight loss. Sherri dropped 41 pounds, 10 dress sizes and 10 inches from her waist during summer time so far, and she talked to OK! about how and why she did it. Check out a couple more pics of her below.

Why she decided to lose weight: "I lost weight last year and started gaining it back because I wasn't exercising... I said to my producer, 'Why don't we do something where I tell people 'Let's do it together!' and maybe [up the ante with] a bathing suit.' The minute I said that, I was like, 'Gosh, I should take it back because I really want M&M's!' But I had to do it. Then all of sudden I had all these people doing it with me. I'd Tweet about going to the gym and how hard it was, and followers would write and say, 'Sherri, I've lost two pounds!' I thought, 'Okay, people are getting into this.'"

Her love/hate relationship with her trainer: "What I hate is when trainers say, 'Okay, lets do 15,' and then you get to 15, and they go '10 more.' It has taken every mental thing I have to get to 15, so don't put another 10 on me!"

Why she almost gave up on her weight loss program: "I absolutely hate working out and many times I'd break down in tears. I'd want to give up. But I did it for the viewers who inspired me."

How she's now maintaining her weight without a trainer: "It's mandatory that I find something I like that I can keep up. I just started this trapeze class that strengthens the arms, and tennis I love. I'm taking salsa lessons."


No comments: