Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lauren Conrad Shape magazine


Lauren Conrad rocks the cover of Shape magazine looking f*cking HOT in an orange bikini, but she takes some time to talk about how she reached her breaking point 9 months ago, and also on shedding some pounds because of her boyfriend, Kyle Howard.

On hitting her breaking point: "Nine months ago, I reached my breaking point. I felt bad about myself because certain people (obviously Heidi and Spencer, even though she won't say it) were relentlessly attacking me and my reputation. My mom kept saying, 'Let it go, Lauren. It doesn't matter.' My friend also sat me down and asked, 'Why do you care what people say about you? How does it really affect you at the end of the day?' I couldn't come up with a good answer and realized I had to stop worrying about what other people think."

On losing gaining and losing weight: "I call it the 'boyfriend layer.' We were having more romantic dinners out, and I was exercising less." Now, I just ask Kyle, 'You feel like working out?' It's more fun than hitting the gym alone. There are just five moves: squats, sit-ups, push-ups, couch dips-- where I balance on the edge of a couch and lower my hips, then press up -- and planks. I do 20 reps of the first four moves, then hold the plank for 20 seconds. I go through the entire circuit six times. No equipment required."

No comments: