Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jennifer Lopez In Style magazine


Jennifer Lopez rocks the cover of the September issue of In Style magazine, which also happens to be its 15th anniversary issue. Check out what J-Lo had to say about her kids, her marriage, and her upcoming album, along with another pic from her In Style shoot.

On her kids: "It totally changes your perspective on everything. There's nothing as huge as giving birth to another human being and having to be responsible for another life. There's you before kids, and there's you after kids -- and they're not the same you. You don't come first anymore. There's somebody else you care more about than yourself."

On marriage: "I'm still figuring it out as I go along. How do two totally different people come together and make one life and say they'll do it forever and ever? I mean, I've tried it. This is my third time. I don't even think I tried in my other marriages, which was immature and not knowing better. It's been a lot of hard experiences and a lot of ups and downs and a lot of mistakes. I believe that in life you learn through experience. I'm old enough to know now that relationships take work. That it's not an easy thing."

On her upcoming album: "The album is only halfway done. We'll see what it shapes up to be. I've had hit records and I've sold millions of albums. But it gets to the point where you're like, Why am I doing this? It should only express something that means something to me. Something I can leave behind that my kids can listen and go, 'Oh, that's what my mom was about.'"

No comments: