Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Alana Stewart talks Farrah Fawcett


Alana Stewart was Farrah Fawcett's lifelong friend ever since they met back in their early modeling days, which is why it was no problem for her to write a tell-all feature story in The Daily Mail about Farrah's cancer battle. In the article, Alana talked about being shocked that Farrah actually got cancer, and also her reaction to Farrah's decline in health.

Farrah was the last person I ever thought would get cancer. It never remotely crossed my mind that such a thing would happen. She was always too strong, too healthy, too full of life. I would drop everything, leave my family and my dogs and my home and hop on a plane at a moment's notice if she needed me. I felt like she was also my family, that this was something I had to do and wanted to do and that I would worry about myself later. It was very hard - sometimes unbearable - to watch my friend suffer but I was in awe of her ferocious determination. I marvelled at her heroism in waging war with an enemy that gave no hint as to where it might attack next or how much it would destroy in its path.

Gotta feel bad for the lady, ya know? I mean, she lost her best friend and sounds like she's struggling with it.

No comments: