Friday, March 28, 2008

Katie Holmes is headed for Broadway!!!


Broadway is the new Paris Hilton... everybody's doing it. Nicole Richie and Kevin Federline are both already Broadway-bound and now Katie Holmes is in final negotiations to star in the revival of All My Sons -- a tragic post World War II family drama. This would be Katie's first time doing professional stage.

Last we saw her, she was in (perhaps the largest bomb this year) the movie Mad Money. 29 people actually went out and saw the movie... 22 of which were Scientologists... 18 of whom are Tom Cruise. So Broadway is Katie's way of saying "I'm a serious actress and although I haven't had a role that people like me in since I was making drama faces as Joey in Dawson's Creek, I'm a huge Hollywood draw!"

One theater expert puts it as such:

"This play will be like a shop window for Katie. The aim is to remind people of her acting chops. It's kind of a neat idea."


Acting chops? I prefer pork chops. Although I haven't eaten one in a few years. I heard pork is the worst meat for you and haven't touched it since... besides a good hunk of ham every now and again.

"Superhero Movie" opens this weekend by the way, and features a scene with a dead-on impression of Tom Cruise's weird Scientology recruitment video. Have a gander. It's a hoot:

No comments: