Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Maura Tierney breast tumor


Maura Tierney is best known for playing Abby Lockhart on the hit NBC drama ER. She's lined up to star in a brand new NBC series called Parenthood, but the show has been sidelined because of a health issue with her.

In an effort to guard my privacy, it seems that the wording of NBC's press release has unfortunately caused some confusion and undue alarm about my health. I have discovered a tumor in my breast which requires surgery. I will not know either my exact diagnosis or course of treatment until that surgery is performed. My doctors have all assured me this is a very treatable condition. I'm very optimistic as to the outcome and want to thank everyone who has sent positive thoughts and support. I look forward to going back to work soon.

Our thoughts go out to Maura and we're hoping it's nothing serious.

No comments: