Friday, July 17, 2009

Emma Watson picks Brown University


Emma Watson's college of choice has been the talk of Hollywood lately, especially since she planned on keeping it private and anonymous for a while because she wants "to be normal." But her creepy looking co-star Daniel Radcliffe blabbed the news during a recent interview that Emma is committed to Brown University. Naturally, since Dan spilled the beans, she's ready to talk about it now (whether she wants to or not.)

I've got a place there to read literature... I'm not trying to hide or anything like that. It sounds so geeky, but I really do like studying and reading, and if I'm not working on Harry Potter, then my greatest relaxation is to sit with a book. Going there will mean a bit of 'normality' for a while. It certainly doesn't mean that I will never act again, that's not true. There's been a lot of confusion in the media about that, and most of it is ill informed - I seem to have managed pretty well up to this point. There are end of term breaks where I could do something if someone asks me, and I liked the idea. But I do hope that it will be only a short time before I am known as 'Emma Watson, the student from the U.K.' rather than 'Emma Watson who starred in those Harry Potter films.

A little word of advice for you Harry Potter freaks that are heading to Brown next year -- if you want to be friends with Emma, just treat her like a normal girl. She's not gonna wanna be your BFF if you're drooling all over her feet and asking her about the movies.

No comments: