Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mary Louise Parker adoption dream


When Mary Louise Parker ended up adopting an African child named Caroline about 2 years ago, she ended up fulfilling a dream she had had since she was a child.

I would daydream about it all the time. I thought about the fact that there were children who didn't have anything, and I felt like I could help. It was something that weighed on me. It was something I did for the world and for my son and then for me. And when I say the world, I also mean my daughter. Once I knew her, she became part of that. But it's hard raising two kids as a single person. It's a lot of pressure.

Don't get me wrong, I think what she did for Caroline and helping to give her a better life was awesome, but...she must've had one boring ass childhood if she was dreaming about adopting at kid as a f*cking 7-year-old.

No comments: