Monday, July 20, 2009

Paula Abdul leaving American Idol?


A couple weeks ago I posted that Paula Abdul was offered a brand new contract from the American Idol brass that guaranteed her stay on the show until Idol finally ended its run. But now I'm hearing that Paula wasn't offered that contract, and in fact, she hasn't even been offered a contract at all! Paula's manager put the companies behind Idol (Fremantle and 19 Entertainment) on blast and said that the fact they aren't saying or showing what they want to do is rude and a slap in the face.

I almost feel bad for Paula -- she hasn't even gotten word of her Idol future yet, but she's gotta hear about Ryan Seacrest signing on for a 3-year, $45 million deal, and Simon Cowell signing on for a one-year $100 million contract. I can't say I'll miss her as a judge if she leaves the show, but I'll miss hearing the total stupidity that came out of her mouth. And her cleavage -- I'll definitely miss her cleavage.

No comments: