Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Alec Baldwin running for office?


30 Rock star Alec Baldwin has been flirting with the idea of running for office for the last few years, but he's gotten more serious about it ever since Saturday Night Live alum Al Franken won the Governor's seat in Minnesota. In a recent interview with Playboy, Alec was asked about running for a Governor's seat of his own.

I'll put it this way. The desire is there; that's one component. The other component is opportunity. A law firm in a liberal Democratic bastion in Ohio state politics sent me a binder with a cover letter that read, "Mr. Baldwin, here's who we represent, the kinds of cases we handle, our credentials in Ohio state politics. We want you to move to Ohio and run for governor. We will launch your career." I have sometimes thought I could move to New Jersey or Connecticut and run. I'd love to run against Joe Lieberman. I have no use for him. But it's all fantasy. I'm a carry-me-out-in-a-box New Yorker. Here, anything can happen.

Hey, if Arnold f*cking Schwarzenegger can run a state, I think Alec will do just fine.

No comments: