Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Actor Heath Ledger found dead


Heath Ledger was found dead in his New York City apartment earlier today.

The 28-year-old actor starred in such films as Brokeback Mountain, Lords of Dogtown, The Patriot, and will play the Joker in the new Batman movie The Dark Knight due out later this year (now in post-production).

Little is known about his death, but early reports suggest it may have been from a drug overdose. Also it's being reported that one of the Olsen twins may have been at his apartment.

MORE (NEW) DETAILS:
He was found by the housekeeper and a masseuse unconscious in the apartment.
The apartment was not Ledger's but is owned by Mary Kate Olsen.
The New York Post is reporting there were pills found nearby and may be drug related.
The housekeeper went to let Ledger know the masseuse had arrived and that's when they both found him unconscious.

NEW UPDATE - 7:30pm:
The apartment was NOT Mary Kate Olsen's - according to the NY Times (and Olsen's publicist).
It either looks like a drug overdose or suicide.

8 comments:

louisebotting945 said...

thats so sad. was he mary-kates bf?

Anonymous said...

update blogger of the week

Anonymous said...

he was in brokeback mountain

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/Y/r/7/brokebackmountainposter.jpg

Anonymous said...

oh ya dude, that sucks that he died.

Melinda01852 said...

I found that out at work and was really surprised.. that's really sad.. so young.. And like louise said, I wonder why he was at mary kates house...

Anonymous said...

Kat said , Oh my god , thats so sad what talent and so handsome gone why? , so sad my prayers go out to his family, Heath RIP your'll be missed big time I loved your knight movie ! I'll have to buy that DVD now. I can't believe it. Mary Kay what happened to him? So sorry for all that knew him. my sympathy as well take care Kat.

Chrystelle said...

They used to be together before...
Anyway I just...I was like his huge fan, he was so handsom, so talented and he had everything going on well for his career, he has a baby gir (2years old) and...MARY KATE YOU BIATCH!!
The news over here in France is that Mary Kate was shooting a movie but it ended earlier than said. And noone knows where she was between the time she ended shooting her thing and the time Heath was found dead! If she was ever ever ever ever in that house with him, I surely will go myself all the way to the states and shoot her!! What about Heath's wife (or ex wife like my friend tells me)???Where is she? What does she think about all this?

Anonymous said...

absolutely devestating :(

the world lost a great talent; a one of a kind man!

my sympathy goes out to the family and friends of Heath and to his baby girl.

Rest Easy Heath<3