Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Perez Hilton half-assed apology


Yesterday I posted the video that the Drama Queen of All Media, Perez Hilton, posted in response to getting his ass handed to him at a Toronto night club early on Monday morning, and talked about how he demanded that GLAAD apologize to him for demanding an apology for using a gay-slur. It turns out Perez is backing down a bit and not asking for an apology, but offering up the most half-assed one I've ever seen, then pointing the finger at the media for not covering the story correctly.

Words can hurt. I know that very well, from both sides of the fence. The other night in Toronto, after feeling physically threatened by a verbally abusive will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas, I chose the most hurtful word I know to hurl at him. I was in an out-of-the ordinary situation and used a word that I would not utter under normal circumstances. I wanted to hurt him with the word I chose, not anyone else. Unfortunately, the one who got hurt was me and, subsequently, a lot of other people. I wish none of it had happened. I can't take it back. I did what I thought was best at the moment to stand up for myself in a non-violent yet still assertive way. Clearly, I am not homophobic. Also, I am not nor have I ever claimed to be a spokesperson for the gay community. I am just speaking for myself, a gay man. I have been extremely bothered by the reaction to my assault. Violence should never be condoned with such statements as 'It's Karma.' In fact, several television and radio shows over the past couple of days echoed the sentiment 'He had it coming'. Would they have said the same thing if I was a woman? Would I have 'deserved it' if I had been stabbed?

Dude, you didn't get stabbed and have your life threatened, you got popped in the face ONCE. So you bled a little bit -- BIG DEAL. I got punched randomly in a pizza parlor once by the OWNER. Did I sue? No. Why? Because I'm not a huge f*cking provoking p*ssy like you are. You DID have it coming because you PROVOKED him and knew what you were doing. Now quit whining like a f*cking baby.

1 comment:

Amy Grindhouse said...

He needs to get used to it. I see this opening a floodgate and him getting punched out on a regular basis. *smiles*