Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kellie Pickler interview


Kellie Pickler almost comes across as a stereotypical high-maintenance blonde chick, at least to me (no offense to any blondes out there.) But in a recent interview with OK! magazine, she's proving that she's anything but that. She talks about how she's not really lady-like, why she prefers a trailer over a hotel room, and her professional and love-life goals.

On why she doesn't sleep in luxury hotels: "Funny, as a child I thought, 'I'm going to be a big country star so I can get out of this damn trailer.' Then I go and get one. I mean it's a $1 million trailer but it's still a trailer. I don't want to sleep on somebody else's mattress, so even five-star hotels are horrid to me. I like sitting on my own toilet that no one else has sat on."

On her professional goals: "I would love to cross over into television and film. And I have to meet Clint Eastwood. Of course I would love to be a member of the Grand Ole Opry. It would be such a huge honor."

Love-life advice: "Find what makes you happy and make it happen. And never settle ... don't settle for some loser guy who treats you like sh*t; go find a man. Somebody who knows how to fix things. Not someone worried about breaking a nail. I can't date someone who wears more makeup than I do!"

On being a tomboy: "I'll be the first one to do something crazy. I've always kinda been a tomboy. My grandmother would try to dress me up in a pretty dress but I'd come home with the fabric ripped, holes in my pantyhose and gum in my hair. I was not a lady. I would fall out of trees and climb on the roof."

No comments: