Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson dies


They say sh*tty things happen in threes, and I totally believe it now. Yesterday, it was Ed McMahon. Early this afternoon, it was Farrah Fawcett. And now, probably the most shocking of them all, a few hours after Farrah went, the legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson, died at the age of 50. I realize this happened HOURS ago and there's already radio stations (like KISS 108 and JAMN 94.5 that are well-into tributes, but I was on my way to a softball game when the news broke. And seriously, even though I had those couple extra hours to think about it, I still have no idea what to say. Sure, I've taken joking shots at him for the whole kiddie touching ordeal, but when it comes down to it, Michael Jackson was the f*cking sh*t and I grew up loving his music. I played the hell out of my cassette of Thriller, bout the CD of it, played the hell out of that, and then played the hell out of the HIStory album that came out in the late-90's.

I just realized I haven't even talked about how he died. Just after 3pm, 911 was called for Michael while he was suffering from a heart attack. When the medics arrived, he apparently had no pulse. Now there's 2 different stories of what happened here -- one says that they couldn't revive him and he simply died, and another said that they revived him, he went into a coma, then died. Either way, the King of Pop is dead because of a heart attack. And seriously, it's the only thing being talked about right now. Which just goes to show -- whether you thought Michael was a kiddie toucher or whatever, you can't deny the fact that he was the f*cking sh*t when it came to good music, and he was damn talented.

R.I.P. Michael -- I guarantee that your music will be blasting from speakers around the world for the weeks to come. And you more than earned it.

No comments: