Friday, June 26, 2009

Jermaine Jackson's statement on Michael's death


Jermaine Jackson held a press conference yesterday to officially announce Michael's death, and I gotta say...props to him for keeping it together, because I guarantee you that I wouldn't have. I looked around for a video of it, but no dice. So here's what Jermaine said yesterday about his little brother.

My brother, the legendary King of Pop Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25 at 2:26 pm (pacific time). It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until results of an autopsy are known. His personal p hysician who was with him at the time attempted to resuscitate my brother, as did the the paramedics transported him to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Upon arriving at the hospital at approximately 1:14pm, a team of doctors including emergency physicians and cardiologists attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour, and were unsuccessful. My family requests that the media please respect our privacy during this tough time, and may all love be with you, Michael, always.

Poor guy. Can you imagine having to announce your brother's death to the world? Calling relatives is hard enough, but to have to hop up on a podium and say it? It makes me wonder if the Jackson family will get together to record a tribute track though...

No comments: