Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Michelle Pfeiffer speaks on new and old roles


Let's call a spade, a spade -- Michelle Pfeiffer is hot. Like...real hot. She has been back when she was all over the limelight like 15 years ago, she is now, and she probably will be when she's in her 70's. Michelle recently sat down for an interview and talked about her new flick Cheri, slipping back into the Catwoman suit, and her views on being a cougar.

On her Cheri character: "Well, she's full of contradictions in a way, and not your stereotypical prostitute. And I think when one says "courtesan," one has certain images and qualities that come to mind. She was elegant and incredibly sophisticated and a shrewd businesswoman, and above all else, she was really a moral person. And I'd never seen a prostitute portrayed in that way. And then, of course, I was beyond thrilled to be working with [director Stephen Frears] and [screenwriter Christopher Hampton] again. So there was no reason not to do it, basically."

On being a cougar: "I can't wait for that word to go out of fashion, I just think it's ... I'm so over it. Not that I was ever really into it. Where did that start, anyway? How did that evolve? Well, it's not really what the movie's about. But if it brings people into the theater, I'm all for that."

On playing Catwoman in an upcoming Batman movie: "Oh yeah, it would be really fun. I don't think that's going to happen. I think they like to get a new face for the different characters, and I understand it. But yeah, that was really fun. I had a good time."



No comments: