Wednesday, February 20, 2008

File Under; Zing.


I believe the phrase I'm searching for is, "keeping it real". Recording R&B... er, pop... er, soul... er, I don't even know now. Anyways, Massachusetts' own Jojo was all up on the myspacez yesterday, quelling rumors about the fact that she was turned down for the lead role in Disney's "Hannah Montana".

"Another mistake that is stated on the Wikipedia page is that I turned down the Hannah Montanna role because of my hectic schedule. This is not true. I was not interested in doing a television show like that because I did not want to be that kind of artist. I am more concerned with being a legitimate artist; not one created for the captive tween audience, from a television show. They were going to use the same formula that they did with Hillary Duff and her show, and I did not want to be a manufactured artist. I wanted to do it on my own; the old fashioned way; with talent, determination, and hard work, and without a television show, which is fed to the tween masses. This is the same reason I have turned down every reality show that has been offered to me, since I signed my record deal. For me, it is about integrity. (Source)

(*crickets... crickets...crickets....*) Wait, didn't YOU make a movie called "RV"? And a movie called "Aquamarine"? I'm pretty sure those weren't Oscar nominated flicks... nor was it marketed to the over 50 crowd. ...Unless you were a creepy old man. (Guilty!)

All of this being said, she's got more ACTUAL talent than a lot of her contemporaries out there, and she is showing a lot more maturity as well. Good for you Jojo. And good for your publicist for writing that explanation for us. Zing.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! So Miley Cyrus has no integrity? Zing!!! I always thought people from Boston fought dirty!

Not that it's a bad thing in this case...

Anonymous said...

yes, she was in movies but... she didnt sing in them, and they in no way helped her singing career purposley. disney channel show star's have music videos that show on disney channel. and reality shows would let the viewers see her singing contract. so what if she was in a couple movies? her sole purpose in them was to act. not sing.

kAEdo-k said...

Honestly, I liked "Aquamarine". Is that wrong?

Anonymous said...

yes. noone likes that

louisebotting945 said...

i liked aquamarine too.....it wasnt that bad of a movie

Unknown said...

For once I'm gonna have to agree with jackson nd louise nd kaedok r mean. Sallies.

louisebotting945 said...

HAHAHAAHAHAH i didnt even notice that she added all our names...that girl/guy (do we even know what it is?)is crazy

Anonymous said...

I liked aquamarine and jojos music but honestly she needs to get over herself. She turned down that show and now mileys the biggest thing ever. And if she's saying miley doesn't have integrity, miley is the most level headed down to earth celebrity. Jojo can have fun getting somewhere in her career but she'll never reach miley.


Ps I love these miley blogs post more! =]

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!!! I learned one key factor in life a very long time ago, there are alot of haters out there. People end up with regret after turning something down, that could have made their careeer so much more successful!!! ANd as always they are the first ones to put down the person who wasn't afraid to take that plunge or step down an unknown path... The fact is Jojo, is a singer and not too well known as of yet, meaning shes not a household name, Miley on the otherhand is a household name and has had such a huge success at such a young age... I am 32 yrs old and I watch Hanna M all the time with my son and shes got talent and ambition for such a little girl... So to you Miley, drop it like its hot and don't pay any mind to all of the haters...
Love Aurora

Anonymous said...

ugh
jojo sucks

i hate her
like, legit


not kidding.
she has talent
but she has NOOOOOO right to say that




what a retard.

Anonymous said...

yeah

so miley is obviously set for the rest of her life
she makes 3 million a year

and jojo doesnt


so its her fault.




she missed out on an amazing opportunity

her bad.


love miley =)

Anonymous said...

wow
i think its stupid how like everyone says that miley's acting career helped her in her singing career.if she likes to do both then let her.


And for jojo its still the old fashioned way as long as you dont pay anyone to do your work for you!
also miley is an awesome singer and so arent you but shes bigger and she is more talented