Monday, September 17, 2007

Notre Dame Loses, Eats Crowe.

Ok, so by now, you're aware of the fact that Hollywood Award winning Actor Russell Crowe was on the sidelines of this past weekend's Michigan / Notre Dame game, and was the "inspiration" behind Michigan's win. He apparently had this to say to the press, after the game...

“Just because of the way the season started, I could sense through what I was watching on TV that my friend was in pain. I just thought I would take his mind off things and I started teasing him about it and he said ‘Get up here.’ It was an incredible privilege to be part of being here today and the atmosphere,” Crowe said. “I think that’s the largest sporting event I’ve ever attended in terms of numbers in the crowd. I had a little chat with the boys to start with and the response was pretty good. I could hear a click. They were dead serious they were going to do something different this week than they did last week.”

Two quick points there, "Russ", (as I am sure the players call you by now). Um, first off, how in gods name do you know Lloyd Carr, head coach of the Wolverines? Did you google search his name? 411 his number? You guys are old drinking buddies from way-back-when? Did you meet him at a phone throwing contest in NYC? And secondly, you've won Oscars, yet you deliver that piece of dung press conference? Who does that? Last week, you were in Washington DC, and about a block from my house buying bikes and shopping around Georgetown. This week, you're in Michigan, giving "Maximus " effort to the Big Blue?!!? You're a walking, talking, "Where's Waldo". Oh where, oh where will you pop up next??


Post Script - I am going into hiding after this post, as I just got an email from russ.crowe@gmail.com, saying that I am going to get my ass kicked. Pray for me.

No comments: