Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mel Gibson speaks on reaching out to Britney Spears


Mel Gibson was on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night and talked about how he reached out to Britney Spears during her train wreck period of life, and touched one exactly why he did it.

Well, she's a nice kid... She was just going through a rough patch, so I figured... you look around and you see kids that, you know, in the industry and poor Heath. I just felt like this poor kid, she's lining up to be stoned. The press was going at her and everything. I just thought, 'I wonder if anyone is actually reaching out to her,' so I just called her and she's doing great now.

It sounds like Mel is taking credit for it, but he's actually not. Later on, he said it had nothing to do with him, and that Britney pulled herself out of it with some help from her papadukes.

No comments: