Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lynne Spears blames herself for Brit's problems


Lynne Spears is speaking out about her involvement in Britney's meltdown over the last year and a half, and she's actually taking the blame for it.

I can laugh about it now, but did I feel that way at the time? Yes, I did and, if I'm being totally honest, I still do. When her life was such a success, what did she need me for? And when things took a turn for the worse, I was out, because other people - dancers, managers - were closer to her, and with her day and night. Being a mother, you can't help but have regrets about what you did and didn't do for your kids, and I'm no different. I think I was an enabler to Britney. I would over-compensate and I tried to make things seem happier when my kids were growing up, because I was aware of the deficit. Maybe I didn't give her the skills to handle the hard times. Maybe I sheltered her too much from the realities, and sometimes that's not a good thing.

Listen, I think it's awesome she's admitting that she didn't do everything right along the way, but the way she started off the quote rubbed the wrong way. You can laugh about it now? Your daughter was a f**king trainwreck, and people actually picked her to die in Dead Pools. Glad you find that so funny now.

No comments: