Friday, December 19, 2008

Jeremy Piven is Turning into a Thermometer?


Jeremy Piven has dropped out of his Broadway play, Speed-the-Plow. He is said to be suffering from "shocking levels" of mercury in his system from eating too much sushi and Chinese herbs. How weird is that? His doctor made him drop the play but not too many people are pleased.

After a battery of tests failed to reveal what was ailing the three-time Emmy winner, Colker checked his "heavy metals" and was "absolutely stunned" to find mercury at a level "almost six times the upper limit of normal and allowable," says the doctor. "It's the highest level I've ever seen."

His doctor says, "He's disappointed that I had to pull the plug," says Colker. "But I think he's hurt more by the comments that he's not trying or that he walked away. He's been working straight for 30 years. He doesn't walk away; I tore him away from it."

He's referring to the somewhat cruel, but hilarious, comment made by the playwright of Speed-the-Plow. He had said: "I talked to Jeremy on the phone and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury. So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."

No comments: