Monday, December 15, 2008

Kate Winslet speaks on sex with teen


Relaxxxxx, it was a sex scene for her upcoming flick The Reader. Kate told moviefone.com what it was like doing a sex scene with her 18-year-old co-star David Kross.

It was very frightening for David, I think, to do scenes of this nature because he'd never done it before. [Director] Stephen [Daldry] and I would block through all of the scenes together in the rehearsal room. We'd be on the floor; we'd be on the chair ... and we would just try and work it out. And David would observe. I wanted for David to know that I understood that he might be terrified, because I had been in that position myself as a younger actor. And also I remember when I was 18, which is the age he is, feeling so nervous because I didn't know what to expect, and I felt that explaining the nuts and bolts of how those scenes would happen would be very beneficial to him. So I sat down with him and said, "Now, listen. You know there's only going to be, like, three people in the room, right?" He said, "Wh--what, th--three people, that's all?" And I said, "Yes, darling ... that'll be it." He was like, "Really? ... Oh my God, that is so great!" And I could literally feel the weight of the world just fall off his shoulders, because I think this poor young man had been imagining it was going to be the crew, who we all knew so well by that point ... all going to be there watching us walk around naked, and so just shedding a little bit of light on it for him made a big difference.

That's DEFINITELY a lucky 18-year-old.

No comments: