Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Billy Bob Thornton opens up about almost dying


This stayed on the DL (that's down-low for all of you not-skilled people) for a while, but Billy Bob Thornton is opening up about the time he almost died back in the 80's.

I knew people out here (in Hollywood), but I was too embarrassed to tell them I was broke. You know when you're trying to be an actor and you want to appear that you're doing OK? So I went for about two solid weeks without eating anything. I drank water, but when you drink too much water and you're not eating, it strips all the minerals that you need and nearly killed me ... It was the same thing that happens to an anorexic – you lose all your potassium and your electrolytes get all screwed up. It caused my heart to seize up on me, and I had no insurance, so they put me in L.A. County Hospital. I had gone to Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital, but they kicked me out because I didn't have any money. So they sent me down to County where they put the street people.

Who knew that years later, he'd be walking red carpets talking about how he just banged Angelina Jolie in the back of their limo. Lucky S.O.B.

No comments: