Friday, May 9, 2008

Jason Castro Sets the Record Straight


He admits to being relieved after he was eliminated but he did not say DONT VOTE.

He says the biggest misconception about him was, "There was an interview this last week [with Entertainment Weekly], and I said I had wanted to go home or something. I think this week, everyone kind of had the idea that I was ready to go. And that wasn't my mindset at all going in. But every week has its ups and downs, and that morning, when I had that interview, I was kind of frustrated with a lot of things. ... There was a lot going on that morning, and that sort of came across wrong. The way I was on the show, people were kinda thinking that I didn't want to be there, which was never my mindset."

He also states when asked about the DONT VOTE accusation, "I was saying, "Vote," and then I said it again. I was kind of trying to emphasize that, but nobody heard me. And I remember going and sitting down and thinking about it, and they kind of have the same syllables, and it's gonna look like "Don't vote." That went through my mind, and I was like, "Dang it." Consciously, the second time, I only said, "Vote," once when they were showing the phone numbers, because I thought of that."

I miss him already :( But I'm proud of how far he's come considering the lack of exposure he was given in the rounds before the TOP 24. He had a good attitude about it, even though he admits that it made him nervous at first. His proudest moment he says was when Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley went to #1 on iTunes after he sang it on the show. "When I saw that, I realized the amount of power that "American Idol" has. ... It was just such an honor. How cool. If people hadn't heard that song, they should've. I'm glad now they have."


And lastly, on his elimination: "I was ready for it to go either way. [When I was eliminated,] I just really felt relieved. The pressure was off. I loved my time on there, and I would've liked to go farther, but I don't think I could handle it. I'm content."


And if he's happy, I'm happy!

1 comment:

Jadd said...

I TOLD YOU! MY INVESTIGATION SKILLS NEVER FAIL!!!

You're welcome, Jason Castro fans.