Monday, May 12, 2008

David Archuleta's Dad Banned...


from attending rehearsals, though it isn't as bad as it sounds. Rumors went around that he was banned because he told David to change up his version of STAND BY ME last week and insert some lyrics from Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls" - causing the show to have legal issues with song copyrights - so this ban would be a punishment. However, I've also heard that's not so. The other contestants just feel like having his father there gives him an unfair advantage due to the fact that his father has vocal experience and helps David. He's been allowed into rehearsals because David is under the age of 18 but from now on, David will be on his own!

And for any other Archuleta fans out there, Paula Abdul picked "And So It Goes" by Billy Joel for him to sing this week :) David Cook was given Roberta Flack's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Simon. One of the most romantic songs in my opinion, and I am praying he makes it work because I just can't picture it being sung any other way than it has been so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

No comments: