Thursday, October 30, 2008

Patrick Swayze kicking cancer's ass


It's no "Why me?" syndrome with Patrick Swayze when it comes to his pancreatic cancer. The Dirty Dancing star is taking his cancer on full-force and keeping himself very busy at the same time. Patrick sat down with Us magazine for his first interview since being diagnosed.

I just love to work hard. I'm still fine to work. I haven't changed - oh, I have changed, what am I saying? It's a battle zone I go though. Chemo, no matter how you cut it, is hell on wheels. How do you nurture a positive attitude when all the statistics say you're a dead man? You go to work.

And that's where he was when he was first diagnosed -- on the set of his new TV drama filming the pilot. He said he suffered from bad indigestion at first, then he saw more and more symptoms popping up, and decided it was time to get checked out. You really have to admire this guy's attitude though -- instead of wallowing in his own self-pity, he's hitting it twice as hard and wants to make an impact. That's a way to earn respect, my friends.

No comments: